Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Beginning...

    I guess it would make most sense to explain what I am doing, or why I am doing it.What is it that I am doing?  Well, if you haven't read the blurb on the side "The Story" then you're a slacker but I will cover it one more time. I am going to move to England this September (hopefully August though) to pursue a Master's Degree in The Beatles, Popular Music, and Society. "What will you do with it?" is what you may be wondering. My response? "Be awesome."  I would like to teach a Beatles as Literature course one day. Oh, by the way, I am certified to be a secondary English teacher.  The Beatles Master's will be my second Master's degree. Fancy huh?
     In all reality, when I saw that there was a Master's offered in The Beatles.  I figured that if there was anything that I have mastered, or will ever come close to mastering, it is the Fab Four.  Since they are already something I am good at, I thought to myself after all of the time I have spent in college and grad school doing what everyone else thought I should do or what I thought the real world has instructed me to do, I am going to do this one for me.
     So I went to Liverpool in August 2010 to make sure that I liked the city before I even applied to school. Well, I fell in love. I couldn't find one thing that I disliked about the city. Let's not forget that there are Beatles things everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I stayed in Liverpool for nine days and I was in London for two days before I went to Liverpool.  Besides the rain, I loved it. It was very hard to leave there and I cried the whole way home until I made it back to my bed in the States (after 24 hours of traveling, you would stop crying too).
     So, anyway, that's the story in a nutshell. I went to Liverpool with the idea of school in my head and six months to the date that I left for Liverpool, I was accepted into the program. That's what this blog is for. A way for my friends and family to stay up to date on what is going on while I am preparing for the move and while I am over there. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment