Monday, May 23, 2011

Crying, Waiting, Hoping

     Over the weekend, I stumbled upon some news from another person going to Liverpool to study.  The news is  that I might be able to get financial aid from America to pay for Hope (BAM!).  The U.S. just needed a school code. If they didn't have a school code then Hope wouldn't be eligible for... or I wouldn't be eligible for funding.   Well, I called my good old friend, FASFA today and Hope indeed does have a school code (SUPER BAM!). So, Sean from FASFA was so kind to make corrections to my financial aid form and told me to call Hope Friday-ish.  This is great news. It will be even better if I actually get aid.  It would help so much to have the burden of paying for the program off of my shoulders. I only have 4100 pounds left to pay, but I also have to pay for my dorm. So, it would be just great to get aid.   I wanted to do some kind of fund raiser but I just can't pull that off on my own.  Maybe write to Ellen, or McCartney.  It's really not expensive it's just shy of what I can afford comfortably.   SO, Say a prayer, or whatever you do for me to get help to pay for this.

     Also, I have been hoping to leave in August with Charles to join him on the trip again with my mom. In my head, it's easier for my mom to be on a plane with me when I am leaving Scranton than to be leaving Scranton all by myself.  The issue is that classes don't start until October 3 (or 3 October ) and I obviously won't fly out there to come home August 31 and fly back for September 24 (real move-in date).  I got an e-mail from Hope today and they said that they don't have a problem with me moving in August 31 (why not, I am paying for it) but they need to make sure there will be an accessible room available for me. I swear Lola is worse than a toddler sometimes. So anyway, that's where I am at.  I am making the deposit for my real dorm tomorrow.  Hopefully, by Friday I will hear some other positive (and less expensive) news. 

   In the meantime, I am moving out of my apartment on July 15. This is bittersweet to think about.  I have lived here for almost five years (December 15 is the anniversary) and so many things have happened here.  I think above everything, I am going to miss the Halloween parties. They were the best.  There is so much stuff to pack, I want to cry over it!

So I guess we can all hope the Hope has some great news for me.

:

3 comments:

  1. Where are you gonna be staying after you move out until you leave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corey: We don't use that language here.

    Amanda: I'm going to live at my mom's.

    ReplyDelete