Monday, August 27, 2012

Don't Let Me Down...

You know it's very hard to have a suitable Beatles song as a title for each post.  I've already repeated one (unknowingly) and when I go to actually post something, the rare times that I do, the hardest bit is trying to come up with a title.


So, anyway, I am back in Liverpool.   Of course, it's been a whirlwind three days.  I lost a whole day just because of the need to sleep. I missed a show I wanted to see Saturday night (actually I've missed every show I wanted to see this year).  But I made it to the Beatles Convention yesterday where I was able to see some old friends.  It's funny the people at the convention are beginning to recognize me.  Maybe I am a bit crazy.  Maybe I have a reason to come back to Liverpool every year?!  But the convention was great.  I saw Charles and Renee which is always a happy time.  I also had the chance to catch up with Julia briefly.  Dann said that she looked genuinely happy to see me so that always makes me smile.

Liverpool is treating me kindly, for the most part.  I have a feeling I've made a huge mistake with my flat. I am looking to get out of the contract. But we will see. In other, big, HUGE, potentially awesome news, I have an interview tomorrow at the Beatles Story.  Goodness how I am hoping that I get it.  An income!  A FREAKING INCOME! The thoughts of having a job (and one that I enjoy) is so exciting it's like someone else has taken over my body and is changing my ideas about life!    I am nervous though because we are going to Greece Sept 10-19 and I'll probably have to start Sept 14!  And I really want to go home for Christmas.  If you saw my mama's eyes when I was getting on the plane Friday you would want to go home too.  And I also need to go home for Christmas because the baby will be arriving mid December!   Oh boy what a year.

And also, this Thursday I hear from Teach of America on whether or not I will get an interview.   It's just first rounds and I am already so nervous I am going to be sick.   It's amazing a year ago I couldn't care any less about having a job and now that's it one of the things I want the most (coming in first is my friend's and family's health).  Do I want to settle down?!?!?!       JEEEEEZE  when did I get old?


So please send good juju out to the universe for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment