Friday, August 17, 2012

There's a Place

So today was particularly interesting in the Beatles side of my life.  It's been so long since I have been excited about anything Beatles related that I have almost forgotten what it felt like. But this evening, after I got home from work, I had a flash of excitement go through me when someone wanted to talk to me about Liverpool and what to do there.  I guess it has been so long since I was able to tell someone what to see while they were there and the gentleman I was speaking to was so stinkin' excited it made me excited all over again.  I actually felt a little silly talking about the places as if it they were any different than any other part of the world.  I acted like it wasn't a big deal that I spent a whole day in Lennon's house "shadowing" and was left unattended. But it is a big deal!  And when I heard that someone was excited for me to be doing this, I got excited all over again! 

It was nice to know I was helping someone, well two someones, that needed some guidance around Liverpool.  Although most people in Liverpool would be more than happy to help them, I was able to tell them where to go and what companies to go with (you know Cavern City Tours over any other Beatles tour etc).  It actually got me a bit excited to get my butt back over there and start all over again looking for jobs and getting turned down and trying all over again but being surrounded by the Beatles.  Jeeze, I can almost smell the Cavern Club's stinky smell. 

This possible has made my dissertation a bit more exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment