Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Greet The Brand New Day...

I just finished speaking with my old roommate, Katie.  She asked me what I did with my tv, which left our apartment two months before I moved out.  I remember thinking how empty my room looked without the tv (that I hardly watched) towering over the room.  I also remember thinking that  the removal of the tv (that I hardly watched) meant that I was really leaving.  I also remember thinking how much I couldn't leave the whole time I was packing my apartment, the whole time I was planning where I would stay in Liverpool, through every conversation I had with Jacob (which was basically him telling me not to go), every time Liz told me not to go, each time Katie told me it was a great thing that I was doing, and even when I was freaking out tell Matt and Brad that I couldn't go and I wouldn't make it.  Naturally, they advised me that they would tell me if they thought I was making a mistake.  I have been here for two weeksl(ish) and I find myself surprised that I did it.  I didn't think that I wouldn't but I didn't think I would either.  Does that make sense?  It was just so ENORMOUS to think about conquering; moving out of the apartment, coming up with the money, getting the visa, picking what to take with me, say goodbye, and then getting here. I just didn't see it happening.  And here I am, moneyless though haha.  With the help of my family (especially mi madre), my wonderful friends, and my other Beatle-maniacs that have helped this workout for me, I am here blogging from my flat in Liverpool just a sneeze away from where my lovely John Lennon used to live.  It is so interesting when I think about when I thought about not doing this.  It may not be as great as I want it to be RIGHT NOW but it will be.  I know this will end up being one of the most awesome things I will do in my life. 

Now, for the negative stuff. (Don't worry, I'll close with a positive.)
I had a job interview yesterday.  The was great!  That is the truth. But I didn't get the job (which is a fine thing) because I am on a student visa and students cannot be self-employed. This job was a crazy sales job that you went door to door selling stuff.  Can we see the headline "AMERICAN GIRL REPORTED MISSING AFTER NOT RETURNING FROM SELLING LEMONADE FOR FORTUNE 100 COMPANY" ? Yes, Debbie would love that. It worked out that I didn't get that job.  But the man who interviewed me, James, called to tell me he was super impressed with me (it must have been the hair) and that he is working on finding me a different position.  I haven't heard back from him yet but I will call him Friday if I don't hear from him. (Editor's Note:  When I was proofing this before publishing the previous sentence said, "...I will call him Friday if I don't hear from me." Thankfully, I hear from me all the time.)  He said he was impressed like three times so we shall see. Fingers crossed.

Now for the funny and then funnier stories...
During the interview, James shares with me that he has also recently moved to Liverpool from Kent or somewhere like that.  I wouldn't know where it was anyway so I didn't pay attention.  He continues to tell me that he is addicted to his iPad and when he got here (about 8 weeks ago) he was concentrating on his iPad and also trying to find a bar.  He was so excited when he finally found one, he said.  He tells me that he was sitting there for some time (remember that) and that they kept playing Beatles songs. (He did move to Liverpool.)  He begins to smile and tells me that he had the audacity to say "Can't you play something besides the Beatles? (blasphemy!)"  He says, "The whole bar went silent!" And I say, "Well, jeeze, were you at The Cavern Club or something?!"  acting as though I wasn't appalled by his actions!  Thankfully, he wasn't at The Cavern, but he was at THE HARD DAY'S NIGHT HOTEL!   Um, buddy, you didn't notice The Beatles things the whole time you walked anywhere in or around the building?  He paid his tab and left.  
I left, shortly after that, too.  Like I said,  I'm not completely bummed that I didn't get that job.   James will end up being the English bloke I marry, you wait.

So after I left the interview, I turned the corner and found myself in front of the Hard Day's Night Hotel. Funny, aye?   I took this as an opportunity to gallivant around City Centre and Liverpool One and to find scissors.  You think it wouldn't be but it was extremely difficult to find scissors. And then I had the nerve to almost leave them because they weren't pink.  There's something wrong with me. Needless to say, I purchased scissors and then found a hot chocolate (it was a bit chilly).  Now, I don't know if it was I looked so comfortable with my hot chocolate or if I no longer carry the look of confusion in my eyes but an older couple (or mother and son, haven't decided) approached ME and asked ME how to get to The Cavern Club.  Not only did I show them I also suggested other places to go!  The man thought I was here for quite a while already.  I think that's hysterical.  Good thing he didn't ask me to go somewhere else or I would have totally blown my cover!

Funny, aye?


And ah like this page if you haven't already...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Liverpool-Tours/88658561681
It helps me out!!  =)

Also, if you go to my Facebook page www.facebook.com/autumn23 you can find a video on the Liver Bird! 

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment