Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's Getting Better All The Time...

Well, someone has had an interesting eleven days!   I have tried to make it a point to only discuss things that are related to The Beatles here (for other stuff you can read my other blog).  Just to get the news you're waiting for out of the way... I am still jobless.  Have faith and start clicking the ads you see on my page bc I will make money of off that too.  Just do it. 
      So since last time I have met with the girl (Kas) that Hope is paying to be my friend (which is ok because she's super funny and Liz tells me that I need to ask for help once in a while). The first time that I met with her I also met with Jenni (Kas's boss, I guess) and the three of us talked for a long time.  They tried to show me how to use a map and a compass but it was a fail.  I told them not to take it to heart because somethings I just don't understand...  like a compass and math. I digress.   So Jenni was telling me that the managers or owners or whatever of Home Instead have a Beatles connection.  She said that the owner's cousin (or uncle) was actually a photographer for The Beatles and has a high number (I don't remember what number she said) of never-before-seen photos of my guys because there are some arguments over copyright.  Well, I bet you're wondering what this means to me.  This gentleman has told Jenni to relay the message to me because he is going to arrange it for me to see these photos! That is awesome and you should be super excited for me.
     And then I was speaking with my professor.  He is super ridiculously cool and as you can imagine comes off as a hippie.  Like way hippie.  We were talking about different things about the program and I said began to tell him my story of how quickly I got accepted into the program. But he stopped me! And he said, "I know. I picked you."  and I said "Three hours instead of two weeks?"  and he said "I saw your application and I wanted you in this program. You were cherry picked."  I was honored?  grateful? shocked?  Here I was thinking some lady in admin picked me when it was actually the guy that runs the program.  I don't care what you say that makes this chapter of my life that much cooler (as if it weren't cool enough).  He was excited to have someone who is a teacher from America in the program.  All just awesome.  And he introduced me to a cool cafe (where Bob Dylan played - over the radio not in real life),  he paid for my hot chocolate, and like the Dave Matthews Band. Flippin' Winning!
    I have also tricked someone into being my friend which is fantastic.  She is originally from Florida and is cool.   She has been here for almost three years so she knows her way around which is helpful.  It's nice to finally have someone to talk to in real life rather than through Skype! No worries though, I still love Skype!
      Since I have been here I have become more aware(?) of the kindness of strangers and the absolute trust in  humans I have. Although I am growing more and more familiar with Liverpool everyday there are days when I just need to trust a stranger's word or even worse the cab driver trying to help me into the cab. Trust me, that is not something I do easily. And I find myself doing it every day. I am not saying that Liverpool is immune to bad things happening but it is on like the top five of the top ten friendliest places on earth.   I mean I still have a head on my shoulders.  Just last week I found myself heading towards a shady part of Chinatown and I turned around and got the H out.  I am still a smart girl it's just easier to separate fear and risk here.  Does that make sense? I wanted this section to be better but it isn't turning out that way.  I guess it just pleases me knowing how much I am able to me "Autumn" here. I guess I could have been this way home too but I don't necessarily know if that is true. It's just here I had to completely trust humanity and it hasn't let me down yet.  Anyway, I am extraordinarily grateful for the kindness of people I have never met and will probably never see again but they help me like I am family.   It's like a step in the right direction.

Anyway, lost what I was going for there.  I saw Adele and Amos Lee last night in Manchester!  They were both fab! I am so happy that I ended up getting a ticket and getting there OK (all thanks the kindness of strangers).  It was all last minute but it was great!  I really think you should see Adele if you can and definitely get to see Amos whenever he is playing around you.  I saw him first with DMB and now with Adele (he is what sealed the deal for me to go see the show).

Sigh. Sorry this isn't a better post.  It was interesting before I started to write. Damn.

2 comments:

  1. I am continuously impressed by everything you're experiencing. How amazing for your professor to have hand picked you! That's super cool, of course! And the photos!! AHH!! I'd love to see those too! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. I am going to try to get my hands on some for keeps. :) we will see what sort of charming I can do!

    ReplyDelete