Monday, September 5, 2011

Heading For Home You Start to Roam Now You're in Town...

Well, it has certainly been an interesting 36ish hours!  I decided it was a GREAT idea to go to Penny Lane.  I figured I would walk down/over/up and then cab it back.  Well, I am sure that I mentioned that I can't read a map to save my life.  I don't have the darnedest idea what the fork to do with a compass but I can get you wherever you need to be (in the United States).  I don't know how I do it, I just always do it. Well, apparently I thought that the same magic would work here and I would magically find my way. Now, I would have. The thing I shouldn't done was decide to take a shortcut.  I figured that the way I chose to go would be less busy than the way the directions told me to go. (Keep in mind that I would be the first one to tell you not to take shortcuts through West side on any other day.)  So I decided to turn left on Menlove Gardens West because I figured that would lead to Menlove Ave and we all knew that Penny Lane was not far from John's house. I was right about all of that.  But then there was the roundabout, and not the one we all know about. All I needed to do was to get to the other side of the roundabout.  You know, the side I would have been on if I didn't take my shortcut. There was no way for ME to get there.  It was four lanes of traffic and then a roundabout and just blah not good things.  I figured that it was in Debbie's best interest for me to turn around and go back up Menlove and call it  a day. But then...

A lady was walking her old dog and I was passing them on the opposite side of the street and she called to me asking if I needed help. Naturally I said no.  But then Liz's voice screamed in my ear and said, "DON'T BE STUBBORN! ASK FOR HELP WHEN YOU NEED HELP!"  So I asked if could tell me how to get to Penny Lane.  And she said blah blah blah and  I was like whateves I'm just going to go back to the dorm. And then the most unAmerican thing happened! She said, "I'm taking my daughter down there. I can give you a lift." and I tried to decline but she insisted and I figured she has a dog and a daughter and well what the heck they all can't be serial killers!  And there I was in this lady's car with her daughter and they were so kind!  They took me right down to Penny Lane (which, btw, wasn't far at all and we went through THAT bloody roundabout). But it doesn't stop there! She also insisted that she give me a ride back to my dorm!  I tried to tell her no that I would cab it (after all that's what I was going to do anyway) but she wouldn't accept that!  I even offered her money for her troubles and she wouldn't take it! She gave me her phone number and told me to keep in touch and she also took mine. 

I think that is all pretty awesome. 


So I applied for a billion jobs yesterday.  I have one interview tomorrow and already numerous callbacks for interviews.  Hopefully, something works out.  I will take the first job I can get! Within reason of course, I won't be employed by a brothel or anything. Well, I guess if the price is right. No, I am kidding. I'd be an awful prostitute. I got a call from Barclay's, a bank, for an interview.  We will see how that goes. If all else fails, I will go down to Cavern City tours and beg for a job!

That's all for now...

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! People are totally "better" everywhere but in NEPA. I'm so glad you are making your way so well, as I knew you would :) I hope you get an awesome job! And it better be the highest class brothel around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! You know me, I do high class or no class ;)

    ReplyDelete